Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas 2008

I realized I forgot to post pics of some of my decorations so here they are!
This is my Christmas village I set up on the baby grand. It grew quite a bit this year thanks to my mom who gave me most of hers. Thanks mom.
Rudolph Rocks!!!
You can see the ice skating pond in the lower right corner. The kids love to watch the skaters move around the ice.


O Christmas Tree
I like how my tree turned out this year. I combined some old ornaments with some new and love the colors. My mom calls this kind of tree a "junk" tree where you just have a bunch of different ornaments that have a lot of meaning that either go together or not. Hers has a lot more "junk" than mine thanks to years of our homemade ornaments from school and now grandkids adding theirs to the mix. Her tree is my favorite of all the trees I've ever seen. Where else can you see your entire life of Chritmas memories all in one place? Thanks for always having a "junk" tree mom -- it's the most beautiful decoration of Christmas.
Here is my bokeh (out of focus) tree with all the pretty lights.
Here is one of my new ornaments (right) with my old hand painted ornament.
Another of my new ornaments. My kids are so bombarded with Santa from the outside world that I am slowly collecting more and more nativity decorations so the true meaning is emphasized at home.
These are two of my favorite decorations. As a little girl, this little soldier hung on the tree and the girl with the lantern was always sitting on a table somewhere. I always got these two and put them together somewhere in the house because in my little mind, they were in love and wanted to be together! My mom gave them to me once I had a family of my own so I could always keep them together.

No comments: