Monday, August 25, 2008

Beautiful Destruction

There was a huge fire on the hill by my house today. Our house wasn't in any danger but others were including a friend. Their house is okay but it was scary for a while.

The flames were so huge.
This is my favorite picture with the natural white clouds in the background and the fiery smoke in front.
If you look closely there is an eerie face that is sideways looking down at the fire with a clawed hand making a fist in front of it. Can you see it or am I just crazy? Maybe both!!!
The aftermath of the destruction.

4 comments:

Clear the clutter said...

I am so glad to know that your house is okay. I was thinking about you guys.

Nicole M said...

WOW. Those are amazing pictures....very scary, but you shot it well! Thanks for saying hi on my blog!! It's fun to see your darling little family. You are all so good looking! Last time I saw your little girl was when she was just a baby and now she's walking...time flies! Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you in the ward.

Randi Ritchie said...

I can see the face, though not the fist. Interesting! Great photos too. Thanks for all your help on my blog.

Staci said...

Great blog Suzanne! I love your music! I am way excited to keep in touch. It was great talking with you the other day. And I'm so glad we didn't have to battle the flames up close! Your family is darling!